Ensure Oak Harbor receives payment from our customers according to contracted terms and conditions. Provide both out-bound and in-bound phone support in resolving client payment issues and questions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Initiate outbound follow-up collection calls on outstanding accounts to resolve unpaid balances. Work account portfolio regularly to identify accounts and follow up.
- Handle all incoming calls and assist Customers with invoice inquiries and resolve issues.
- Manage the credit, overpayment and refund functions for each assigned account.
- Update AR systems with pertinent information based on outcome of client contacts.
- Work in coordination with Oak Harbor Account Managers to identify issues for payment problems and resolve in the most effective manner possible.
- Research and follow up with customers regarding lost bills or billing questions to ensure that payment is/will be received.
- Create written correspondence to customers with outstanding balances to provide documentation regarding account status.
- Provide follow up and reports for AR Manager regarding delinquent account status and follow up planned and required.
Skills, Experience, and Qualifications:
- HS Diploma. Associate degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- 2+ years collections and/or customer service in a business accounts receivable environment preferred.
- Demonstrated success in receiving payments from clients with outstanding balances in a business environment while maintaining positive and productive customer relationships.
- Strong knowledge of AS400 and MS office tools.
- Ability to successfully complete typing test of 50 WPM and 10-key test of 190 KPM.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to interact and resolve problems by telephone.
- Experience interacting successfully with customers at all levels in an organization (executive/owner, accounting, shipping, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to be tenacious when dealing with customers.
OHFL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.