Provide the highest level of front-line customer service to Oak Harbor Freight Lines internal and external customers. Provide trouble tracking, order and problem resolution to our customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide prompt customer support by listening to customers and responding in a way that resolves their questions and problems and meets or exceeds their expectations.
- Answer inbound calls in a professional and courteous manner, and provide customer service and order management to OHFL customers, drivers and internal sales force.
- Trace freight and use troubleshooting skills to track down location of freight that is lost, late, misdirected, etc.
- Complete dispatch pick-up calls communicating directly with customers to schedule and arrange for freight arrival according to customer requirements.
- Work closely with customers to develop positive working relationships and to expand freight opportunities wherever possible.
- Using OHFL systems, enter data into computer system and use information to answer questions and problems as they arise.
- General Office Duties
Skills, Experience, and Qualifications:
- 1-2 years experience in a role requiring extensive customer interaction.
- Demonstrated ability to work with challenging or difficult customer situations and resolve issues successfully.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong PC proficiency and experience using MS Office products. AS400 experience preferred but not required.
- Strong attention to detail and demonstrated ability to organize multiple priorities and projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to organize multiple priorities and projects simultaneously.
- H.S. diploma or GED/equivalent.
OHFL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.